Thursday 8 March 2012

MUSIC - Crystal Castles

From by best friend Wikipedia:

Crystal Castles musical style has been described as "ferocious, asphyxiating sheets of warped two-dimensional Gameboy glitches and bruising drum bombast that pierces your skull with their sheer shrill force, burrowing deep into the brain like a fever."

Their music frequents television shows such as Skins, Degrassi and Gossip Girl but I started paying attention to their sound when I first heard their song "Tell Me What To Swallow" in Xavier Dolan's film 'J'ai tué ma mère' (of which I adore and will review some time in the future).



It sounds euphoric but when you actually pay attention to the lyrics, it's so creepy and reminds me of Nabokov's Lolita. Nevertheless, I love this song, it's enchanting and it's my top played song on iTunes ehehe.



Another one of my favourites is "Not in love" featuring Robert Smith of The Cure. A fun fact: this song is actually a cover of song released in 1983 by a Canadian new wave group Platinum Blonde. Lee Minki also did a cover of it in the Korean drama "Shut Up Flower Boy Band". Personally, I prefer the Crystal Castle's version, but that's just up to personal taste.

I don't predominately listen to electronic music, but I can't enough of them. Other songs include 'Untrust Us", "Lovers Who Uncover" and "Courtship Dating" so check them out if you have time!

No comments:

Post a Comment